Sunday, December 15, 2019

Quick lit



My trying-to-be-monthly linkup with Modern Mrs. Darcy lives up to the "quick" in its name this month...


What I've been reading lately:


Psalms


Photo by Carolyn V on Unsplash


Continuing from last month, I'm still working (and singing!) my way through the Psalms. 


The Adventures of Odysseus by Hugh Lupton, et al.




This is part of an illustrated, very manageable-length series on the Greek myths--about a dozen or so short chapters in each book.  Ada just finished her book report on this for school.


The Wanderings of Odysseus by Rosemary Sutcliff




Same story, longer format.  This is a full-length chapter book with no illustrations.  I'm reading it aloud to Liz and Caleb for school.  The slaying of the wicked suitors at the end is always a hit.  


It remains to be seen if I read a bunch of good stuff over Christmas break.  I have a project going on, and of course there's present buying and present wrapping and present opening and all the rest of it.  And I've been playing a bit more online solitaire than is strictly necessary.  But who knows?  Maybe I'll squeeze in some treats from the library.


What have you been reading lately?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...