Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Thinking outside the atmosphere



Some problems are easy to solve.  Like penguins being endangered by climate change.  Caleb suggested we send them all to Uranus, since it’s cold there.  


He also suggested sending all our vulnerable ocean animals to Neptune, since they don’t need air to breathe—the only problem being the utter lack of water.








We were able to travel for our anniversary, staying well sealed up in a little cabin in the mountains, while the kids joyously spent the week with Grandma and Grandpa.  


















I invested in a telescope, in an attempt to teach astronomy (thus Caleb’s outer-space-themed environmental solutions).  I also invested a lot of time in researching astronomical events of 2021 so we can be knowledgeable the next time there’s a once-in-six-hundred-years night sky wonder.  


In preparation for our first stargazing event, I set up the telescope in my room and pointed it at the distant mountains.




As I was adjusting it, with the remote camera trigger in my hand, a bird flew in front of it!  




This was (sadly), by far, the best picture I’ve taken of anything so far through the telescope, despite freezing our fingers off that evening as I worked for an hour and a half trying to find Uranus as it passed next to the moon and Mars.  


Bunny picture not taken with telescope.


Last week I took my heart in my hands and had my first experience riding in the passenger seat while my own offspring drives the car.




I tell you, it’s weird having a baby, it’s weird when they learn to walk away from you, it’s weird when they ride their bike down the street, it’s weird when they have their first sleepover...and it’s weird when they learn to operate a motor vehicle.  


Do you ever stop worrying?  I’m guessing no.


Jeddy measures the bunny’s fur with his new digital calipers.  He also did his width and the length of his ears (91.54 millimeters).


Other than that, we carry on with our normal classroom activities.  


With our normal classroom participants.






Thus we’re passing the everlasting lockdown, working through our school, trusting God’s sovereignty, and hoping for some snow along the way.





 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...