Friday, February 26, 2021

Links from the bunny trail



Friday links to surprise, delight, and inspire...



Joyscroll, brought to you by Iceland





Nifty graphics and beautiful scenery, designed to calm your stress—and maybe inspire you to visit Iceland.




- Sorry, Parker Brothers, but there’s a free, online version of Scattergories, no gameboard required.




- Follow along with the friendly and encouraging couple that hosts Art for Kids Hub on YouTube, and learn to draw cute little critters and various other cartoony pics.  I chose Bruni the Salamander Fire Spirit and produced the adorbs little guy in no time.


- This light pollution map is pretty neat.  Put in your location, anywhere in the world, and see how much light pollution you have overhead, and where to go nearby for the best nighttime sky viewing.


Photo by JuniperPhoton on Unsplash


- The upshot of this article can be simplified to four words:  go outside in winter.  But you’ll have to read it to learn the meaning of the Norwegian words friluftsliv and solveggen, both of which should be more adopted in the U.S.  I’m still mad about that lady that judged me for taking my (plenty adequately bundled) baby out for a wintertime walk thirteen years ago.  


Photo by Cecilie Johnsen on Unsplash


- Finally, The Chosen, available to watch a few different ways, but I saw it on YouTube.  It’s an imaginative adaptation of the gospels, but that’s not to say heretical.  I was astonished to see something so faithfully orthodox, and at the same time so cinematically excellent.  I watched all of season 1 and found myself saying I can’t wait to see what happens next! as if I’ve never heard this story before.  I hear season 2 is due out around Easter and you bet I’ll be watching it. 




What amuses and inspires you this week?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...