Wednesday, March 27, 2024

March

 


The weather is uninspiring today.





We’re on spring break this week. Ada is going to the beach with a friend tomorrow for a couple of days, but other than that we’re just hanging around here in the dreary weather, sleeping in and lounging about. She’ll be home in time for Easter Sunday this weekend. And before she goes, I think we’ll have most of her paperwork for community college done.



Last week in my role as elementary Sunday school coordinator, I sat down with the fifth grade class and the children’s ministry director for a Very Serious Talk about how they can be more of a blessing to their teachers, to put it mildly. How does one shepherd the hearts of a hundred children grades K-5 in half an hour a week? And how do you turn this ship around when you find out in March that half the teachers want to quit and run screaming into the night?





I’m doing a women’s Bible study on Tuesday nights this spring, something I haven’t done in many years. We’re studying Revelation. I’ve been quite pleasantly surprised by how much I like the book we’re using (Blessed by Nancy Guthrie). I’m enjoying gradually getting to know the other women too. It’s challenging to see so much of the worldliness in myself that Revelation warns against, and to compare myself doubtfully to the courageous martyrs who spoke the testimony of Jesus despite the cost of their life.





It does put a little damper on the savor of lounging about when Jason continues to slave in the field of thorns and thistles that is the workplace. Such is the extent of his spoiling me that I sit literally on a chaise lounge repining about the dismal weather while he heads to his den of trials to start his workday.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...