I recovered in time to play some badminton for FFN, and then to travel to my brother’s house for family week.
Stories were told, lawn games were played. Kevin and I beat our two older siblings at cornhole via a glorious, once-in-a-lifetime swish by yours truly on the last play, prompting us to break out in our shared alma mater’s victory song.
Kevin and Angie and the boys hosted Caleb at their house; the rest of us stayed in a hotel 3/4 of a mile away and breakfasted together every morning.
Maddie came along with us, despite Jed and Ada both staying home to work, which added greatly to my happiness (Maddie coming, not Jed and Ada not coming). I think she enjoyed the aunt and cousin time, having only met some of them once before, at her own wedding.
Guess how many trains we viewed inside this building?
So. So. Many. Trains.
Kelley steadfastly refused to tour anything train-related until the only other option was hiking, at which point she enthusiastically climbed aboard the train tour wagon.
After the Railroad Museum, we visited the very delightful and possibly-named-by-a-toddler Choo Choo Barn.
I may not care endlessly about trains (spoiler: I do not.), but I can get into tiny adorable motorized models of towns, parades, circuses, and farms.
It was actually quite amazing. 5/5 would go again.
I was reminded of Ruby’s exuberance when a friend told me about her own dog getting the zoomies and her three-year-old asking what the dog was so excited about. She told him, “He’s just happy to be alive,” to which the boy wondered, “Was he dead?”
No comments:
Post a Comment