Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Next

 


Our life is in flux and our faith is getting exercise.





Jason’s severance pay ended so we officially have no income. And we’re enjoying the travesty that is pay-your-own health insurance.



I’m still getting used to all that’s different this year: Ada lives here but she lives a parallel life, one which I purposely don’t keep track of for both our benefit. I do like half an hour of school most days—a Bible lesson with Liz and Caleb and then going over their history and/or English assignments. For the rest of the day I wobble between trying to be productive (cleaning house, prepping food, doing laundry, deadheading the garden) and trying to enjoy my increased free time without guilt (reading, puzzling, talking to friends), until it’s time to take Liz to volleyball.



Jason isn’t working but is starting to spread a few feelers. We’re trying to find a finance guy so we can have a clear picture of what exactly we need. Life looks a lot different than it did when I had a passel of children underfoot, so possibilities are myriad.



Put another way, uncertainties are myriad.



Odds and ends around the house have gotten done; Jason scrubbed all the windows, inside and out; I shoveled out the long-abused sewing room and weeded the front flower bed; Jason cleaned out the shed and caught up on car maintenance and reseeded the lawn’s bare patches.



And we’re selling our old house. 



We’ve rented it out since we moved here but time has come to liquidate. So we found a realtor and Jason spent a week fixing it up and after a couple weeks we have an offer signed. Hopefully we will close next month, not only so we have the money but also so Jason can stop mowing the gigantic yard that now has to be done in sections with a push mower since our riding mower died. 



So it’s not like we have nothing to do. But the question is looming bigger, What’s next?



We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on You.


2 Chronicles 20:12











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...