Aren’t you anxious about what comes next?
No, and this is why.
Circa 2003, when Jason and I were dating long distance and “telecommuting” was barely a thing, we decided Jason would approach his boss about letting him take his job remote so he could move to be near me. When I asked Jason if he thought the boss would say yes, Jason said, and I quote, “It would take a miracle.”
Shortly thereafter Jason moved near me and commencing telecommuting.
God provided for us through that job. Later, when remote work got old, Jason applied for and got a job at a wildly successful local tech company. And God provided for us and our then-growing family through that job.
After a time, that company gradually ceased to be successful and Jason quit to look elsewhere, eventually landing this most recent job. And God has provided for us though that.
And now God is providing for us via our nest egg, courtesy of aforementioned jobs.
What reason do I have to think God won’t provide for us tomorrow and next year and beyond?
Maybe we had reason to be nervous when we were twenty-three years old and hadn’t walked long in faith. But I have been young, and now I am old, and we can look back over the decades of our life together and see the various ways God has provided for us.
We can also see how faithful He has been in the very hard times—times we absolutely did not want to experience, but we are utterly thankful now for what has come of them and how He was with us in them. So why would I think that this time of uncertainty would be any different? How can I look back over so many years of God working for our good and think that now, this is the end of the line, we’re doomed, it’s the gutter of despair for us?
There may be voices that try to whisper this. But while there is breath in my body, Lord, let me utter the truth, that you have been faithful in my life for many years, and you have been faithful to your people for many many many years; You are the same yesterday, today, and forever; and you will not fail us, whatever our future holds.










No comments:
Post a Comment