Sunday, February 19, 2017

Assorted lost and found



Technological genius that I am, I found some lost phone pictures, which makes me slightly less boring than I thought.


One day in January, we made matzo and charoset when Ada learned about the Jewish diaspora.




Edible school projects are always a big hit.


Caleb kept up with the news.




The front page had a full-color picture of a backhoe working at a construction site.  He read it for quite a while.


These were preparations for Halfway Day:  Lizzy slicing tomatoes and Caleb gleefully smashing egg salad.




Assorted randomness:










Bubble test day, ie standardized testing:




They both scored very well.


Jason and I have made a new tradition of Saturday date night in.  The kids love it.  They get set up behind a closed door with videos and chicken nuggets, and then the big kids put the little kids to bed.


We, meanwhile, dim the lights until we can't see toys on the floor, light candles, take the leaves out of the table, and pretend we're in a fancy restaurant.  


Below, table set for date night, complete with spare-bed-sheet pretend tablecloth.




This week, we found an extra special decoration put up for us.






It's me and Jason, holding hands and kissing (those are our puckered lips).


Among other benefits, regular date night is good for teaching your children that Mommy and Daddy love each other.


Apparently it's working.


Now--hallelujah!--February has decided that it's May, so I was finally inspired to get out my camera.




























I got some practice with the "sports" setting on my camera, which is good, since the three oldest just signed up for baseball/softball/teeball.  Photos coming soon.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...