Monday, June 9, 2014

The plague is upon us



Last evening at a potluck I started feeling achy and woozy, so we came home and I went straight to bed.  After sleeping 9 or 10 hours I still felt like I couldn't get out of bed, so Jason's home taking a sick day for me.


My symptoms are vague; mostly feeling wiped out and achy.  My head aches and my neck glands are swollen.


Wondering what's going on, I naturally turned to WebMD, that paragon of helpful medical information.  After inputting my symptoms and answering a bunch of very specific questions about them, WebMD gave me a personalized list of a mere 99 conditions from which I may be suffering.  As always, if you think you have a medical emergency, dial 911 immediately.


My symptoms may be caused by:  nearsightedness, meningitis, multiple sclerosis, caffeine withdrawal, carbon monoxide poisoning, chronic kidney disease, mumps, stroke, sunburn, bipolar disorder, brain aneurysm, breast cancer, cocaine withdrawal, lead poisoning, lung cancer, plague (I'm not making this up), brain infection, cyanide poisoning, ricin poisoning, or a brain tumor.


I thought I needed to stay in bed and drink apple juice.  Now I'm going to call 911.





2 comments:

  1. Based on the picture, it looks like the cause is sunburn (and a lack of a nose).
    -Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with the nose answer by Kevin. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...