Sunday, May 18, 2014

Busy growing up




Besides the usual, there are a few reasons I haven't been blogging much.


1.  Caleb is potty training.  It's not a very photogenic process.  Plus, the photos I do take are unfit for worldwide viewing.


2.  I've been busy planning next school year.  Getting ready to simultaneously teach 4th grade, 1st grade, and preschool while caring for a two-year-old takes all the preparation I can muster.


3.  Spare thoughts have been going toward finalizing details of our new house plan and starting to get this house ready to sell.


We did spend time one evening when Jason was out watching Hello, Dolly again.




And time marches on.  The very first item we moved and set up in this house nine years ago was the crib, for newborn Jeddy.


Yesterday I dismantled it and put it away, we believe for the last time.


Big boy bed.


The disassembled crib, a basket of diapers, and other non-childproof detritus from the boys' room.


It was an all-day project, since little boys who sleep in big boy beds need a completely childproof room.  That meant moving out an awful lot of stuff, including two bookshelves of books, which landed in the girls' room.




Yikes.


And to add to his big-boy transformation, Caleb's carseat got turned around to face front.  Now when I look back there I've got four faces looking back at me.




Caleb's already rolling his eyes, teenager-style.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...