Sunday, January 11, 2015

Syrup freakout



I spent one morning last week as I often do, fretting through my morning prayers, pouring out my worries to the Lord, seeking help and solace.


Caleb making Christmas cookies last month.


That doesn't stress me out at all.


I needed to resume school after a long break and I was determined to work some exercise in too (New Year's and all).




I wondered if I would have the stamina to get through school and the rest of the day.


Ada's nativity scene.


I kind of feel like this shepherd.




Also, with the new house going full tilt, I needed to order floor tile, paint colors, garage doors, interior doors, trim, and cabinetry.


All last week.


Caleb doing a science experiment and learning that screws are, in fact, circular inclined planes.


Lots going on.  Lots to fret about.


Math.






Then, after I finished listing all these worries to God, I prepared a pancake breakfast.


Jeddy training his replacement dish-washer.


I set out one almost-empty syrup bottle while I put a full one in the microwave to warm up.


My dear 4-year-old saw the almost-empty bottle and cried in complete anguish, "Do we have more syrup?!?"  She was halfway to meltdown before I assured her that we had more syrup.


For a second I was so annoyed--Have you not noticed that I always provide for you?  Do you think I didn't anticipate that we would need syrup with these pancakes?  When have I failed to give you what you need?--but I immediately heard the voice of God echoing my very thoughts to my child.


Have you not noticed that I always provide for you?  Do you think I didn't anticipate what you need today?  When have I failed to give you what you need?


Guess what Caleb's favorite color is.


I'm so thankful I can tell my Father my felt needs.  I'm so thankful He's gracious and gentle with me.  I'm so reassured when I remember that He has anticipated my every need, and I can hear His voice saying, Trust Me.





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...