Friday, April 24, 2015

Announcing our new arrival



Moving reminds me a lot of having a baby.  It's exhausting, hard work coming to fruition, and afterwards the house is in a state of chaos and I'm in pain all over.


Like childbirth, I thought the packing would never end.

 


Unexpected help showed up Friday (the day before moving day), and a surprising amount of stuff got moved.




The color-code directory.






These signs enabled my whole kitchen to get unpacked by lunchtime Saturday, and not by me.




The night before the official move:




Discovering the sunrise view from our bathroom early on moving day:










The playroom got set up and running right away.






And eventually my spices.  It's the little things.




The landscaping isn't done yet--we don't have grass--so we still get to see Grandpa working.




Caleb's a big help unpacking too.




I unpacked the garage last, and made designated parking spaces for the kids' bikes.


Caleb understood very clearly which one was his.




After unpacking and setting up the entire house, including the garage, I figured I earned a moment to sit down and blog.


Also we just got internet.




Still clear on which one is Caleb's.





1 comment:

  1. What an incredible job, Mindy! Your new home is beautiful. I've never seen a more organized move. Hope you can get some rest soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...