Monday, March 22, 2021

Endurance









Jason received an invitation to schedule a covid vaccine this week and I can’t decide whether I’m more happy for him or frustrated that I’m left out.  Or if I should take up smoking.  I mean, how many cigarettes do I have to actually finish before I can claim I’m a smoker?  Can I just hold a lit one?








Or if I should just give in to despair and the conviction that I’ll never get an invitation and the whole world is moving on without me.  









I haven’t been this anxious for an invitation since high school prom season.   











God appointed a worm when dawn came the next day and it attacked the plant and it withered.  When the sun came up God appointed a scorching east wind, and the sun beat down on Jonah’s head so that he became faint...”


Jonah 4:7-8





You speak as one of the foolish women speaks.  Shall we indeed accept good from God and not accept adversity?

Job 2:10




Do not despise the discipline of the Almighty.

Job 5:17





Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.

James 1:2-3














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...