Thursday, September 1, 2022

Back to school



I sent the kids to have their portraits taken* while I was home dying of a sinus infection.






























A couple days later I dragged myself to the school room to face this:








The state of the school room by the end of the summer shows how assiduously I avoid it during break.


Anyway, between registering for teledoc and getting prescribed antibiotics [Who knew colds aren’t supposed to last that long? Neither Jason nor I have ever had a sinus infection, but we like having new experiences together, so we ended up with twin pill bottles.  I, however, did not have an adverse reaction to mine, wherein my elbow swelled up and I became covered with cartoonishly bright red spots and I was clutching my stomach in sleepless anguish.  One of us did, though.  Teacher work week wasn’t quite smooth sailing for me.], with a lot of help from the kids, I managed to transform the space into a decent learning environment.








Even without the ordeal that Jason went through, I found the new sinus infection experience + school preparatory week rather exhausting.




When I was finally up to it, my early-morning runs returned as early/mid-morning walks, which gave me a chance to admire the dew on spider webs.








By the first day of school I was pretty fully functional.  More so than Jeddy, really, whom I dragged out of bed for no other reason than to take pictures, since he didn’t have any live classes that day.




He was quite a good sport about it.














Bible lesson


History reading


Return of my favorite after-school ritual: snuggling under the fuzzy blanket in my room.






Art: still life


Science














 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...