Monday, September 11, 2023

Volleyball



We are bidden to the village this evening. Lord knows, I have no desire to be always going here and there at night. I should much rather sit at home and rest my poor nerves.

~Mrs. Bennet, Pride and Prejudice, 1995





Ada is playing volleyball as one of two allowed homeschoolers on the private school team. 









My marginal willingness to take her to practice and/or games four times a week is due to a) her need for a PE credit; b) her need for driving practice hours; c) the fact that practices are held a mere 20 minutes away from our house rather than at the school which is 35 minutes away.







Notwithstanding the tolerable home court location, the last two games have been a solid hour away from home in places I’ve never heard of.  I am however, friends with most of the moms of her teammates so I haven’t been reduced to completely sitting by myself cheering for a game to which I learn new rules every match.  My back will thank me if I remember to bring our bleacher seats tonight.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...