Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Trees



I got thoroughly pampered back on Mother’s Day, with brunch, sweet cards, gifts, and familial harmony.





Lizzy gave me a wearable blanket which is the most thoughtful, awesomist, most favorite thing ever




Jason got treated on Father’s Day to a beer on the back patio while the kids grilled—which generated dinner and a show. 





It would’ve been more exciting, but they didn’t light anything on fire that wasn’t supposed to be on fire.


We’ve had two exciting FFNs in a row.








Last week, after dinner and cookie skillets, we watched Inside Out 2 in the theater, and this week we saw Despicable Me 4 before eating out.


Jason got the kids true-to-goodness harnesses and other tree-climbing gear.








I was inclined to shrug and say *I climbed trees with rusty nails sticking out of them and no harnesses, and walked uphill both ways to school* but Jason for some reason remained concerned about the sea of jagged rocks underneath the tree in question.






Anyway, they do really like the harnesses.
















Jeddy moved out, again. It was a zillion times less emotional than last time. He moved into a house with five other guys within biking distance of his job. 


He also has no meal plan this year so we’re pretty confident we’ll see him on occasion when he gets hungry. Although I must admit I’m impressed so far: after asking me what the cheapest thing to eat is, he called me from the dried bean aisle at the grocery store and had me talk him through how to buy beans and rice. And then on Saturday he called again to discuss his meal plans for the week and have me advise while he made a grocery list.


As Jason said, we’ll see how long it lasts, but this is the same kid that I rolled my eyes at and said “You can’t teach yourself calculus,” and then he did teach himself calculus and scored a 4/5 on the AP exam, gaining a bunch of college credit for a class he never took.


So he can probably figure out how to make chicken fettuccine al fredo as well.


 A little blast from the past: eating at Dairy Queen with Grandma and Grandpa after the girls’ swim meet, which was also biking distance away from Jeddy’s new house.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...