Sunday, January 12, 2014

Guess what? Chicken butt

It's always a nice development when the kids stop putting every inappropriate thing immediately in their mouth.  Caleb is getting pretty good about giving me small items he finds on the floor instead of eating them.


Usually he puts them in my hand.


Last night I bent down--just for a second!--to wipe a spot on the floor, apparently just as Caleb had discovered a little scrap of leftover chicken.  And something possessed the child to come straight over and put the scrap in my plumber crack.  Does he have a mother planet that sends him these ideas?


I felt his hand there and jumped, but I had no idea what he had done until I stood up and started walking, and the tasty tidbit started working its way downwards.  Ever had chicken in your underwear?  Yeah, me neither, until now.  But that's why we have children, to experience new joys in this life.


*    *    *    *


In other news, most of us enjoyed Nana and Grandpa's belated Christmas visit and the gifts they generously brought.


Except Caleb.


The first gift he opened was a pair of baby suspenders.  *I* was thrilled, because his pants always fall down his skinny self, but Caleb was enraged.  Lizzy had just opened a toy, and I guess he expected something similar.  He threw the suspenders and threw every other gift he got.  When I put the suspenders on him, he went around crying and tugging on them like Sméagol in the elvish rope leash.  It burns!  It burns!  Take it off us!


Here he is sadly tolerating his suspenders.







Thanks for the visit, Nana and Grandpa!  I'm sure he'll learn to like them.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Mindy, for this wonderful belly laugh. Totally hilarious and yet sweet, too. Caleb looks so grown up in his suspenders!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...