Wednesday, April 23, 2014

2 for 4



A new realization dawned on our family today when Caleb woke up wheezing and struggling to breathe.  The unhappily familiar signs of asthma were all there:  rapid breathing, "tugging," the depression at the top and bottom of the rib cage with each pull, listlessness, crying, wheezing, coughing.  The vomiting at the front desk of the pediatrician's office was just an added bonus.


So Caleb gets to share Ada's nebulizer and pop some 'roids and check back with the doctor soon.  I had hoped he was past the point when asthma would show up but apparently his time is now.


I'm thanking God today for modern medicine, without which we would have grief upon grief.  Two out of four of our kids will now depend on it for breath--which means we're batting .500.  I'm no expert, but I understand that's pretty darn good.




1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about Caleb's asthma, Mindy. Thank goodness for effective medicine. I wish this didn't have to happen for you again! Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...