Wednesday, July 2, 2014

I'm like a domestic diva



My mother-in-law gave me this gorgeous apron ages ago.




Unfortunately my culinary clumsiness mostly manifests itself on my upper torso, so when I cook, I need a full apron.  This one, although beautiful, only covers below the waist.


Furthermore, I've had a pair of jeans in my closet for ages that I don't really like, so I cut them off into shorts, and then I still didn't really like them, so I cut them shorter, and still didn't like them....


So I did this.




I cut the layers in half so they would go around the back as well, and then they would be too short for the skirt, so I added a layer of pink gingham cut from an old crib sheet.  


Considering that I have next to zero sewing skills, this is a thrilling accomplishment!


So thrilling, in fact, that I inspired myself to take these pants of Ada's with a hole in the knee:




and this shirt of mine that I never really wear because it doesn't fit right:




and after banging my fist on my sewing machine because the thread kept gobbing up and I couldn't figure out why, and seeking help from friends, relatives, and Google as to how to fix it, and wasting half a spool of thread, and finally starting all over,




I succeeded in creating this!




A fun twirly skirt for summer!


So fun, in fact, that I decided I also needed one... and I happened to have a pair of sweat pants that I never wear...


Excuse the prissy pinky up.  It's actually really hard to hold a skirt out with one hand and take the picture of yourself in the mirror with the other hand.

I've astonished myself.



3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I've missed so much over the past few weeks! You are amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the skirts, Mindy! Twirly is always fun :-)

    (I removed my first comment because of atrocious spelling...)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...