Thursday, February 5, 2015

On an immature note...



The only thing more fun than tile shopping is toilet shopping.


When else do you spend a whole afternoon pondering whether this is necessary?




If my toddler dumps something akin to a bucket of golf balls in the toilet, do we want it to be able to flush away with a single touch?  I suppose it depends on how valuable the golf balls are.


On the other hand, if something akin to a bucket of golf balls is coming out of my body, I'm pretty sure I should be in the hospital, not sitting on my toilet at home (although I guess not having to plunge before I call 911 would be a plus).


Although far more complicated, and less ergonomic, than eastern-style squatty potties, American toilets can't be as hard to shop for as Japanese toilets.  Are you aware of what they can do?


(photo courtesy of Shaw and Tash in Japan)


The question is, is there anything they can't do?


I particularly love the blue diagram of a butt.  Thankfully you can adjust the water pressure.


The fake but apparently melodious "flushing sound" is meant solely to disguise any indiscreet noises.


And who has never felt the need for not just a pleasant spritz, but "powerful deodorizer"?


Sadly, Home Depot does not stock such wonders in my part of the world.  I'll have to flush my golf balls without benefit of a heated seat or high-pressure bidet.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...