Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Third opinion... and counting



I saw a third doctor yesterday regarding my numb hands and feet and extreme muscle weakness.


The steroid I started taking last week has had no effect.  I'm not in much pain but I can barely use my legs.  As the doctor put it, I tell my leg to move and it doesn't move.


Doctor #3 was much less sanguine than doctors #1 and 2.  When I said, "So, best case scenario is Lyme disease, right?," he looked at me soberly and said, "I don't think you have Lyme disease."


So now, like generation upon generation of God's people have before us, we wait.  We wait for an appointment with a neurologist.  We wait to see if insurance will approve an MRI.  We wait for blood test results.  We wait for answers that may or may not come.


Yet all I really knew a month ago, I still know now, and is all I really need to know.  The Lord of all is holding me.  He has ordained my every day and the extent of my every suffering.  In all things He is working for His glory and my joy, though the path lead through grief.


My life is in His hands, and that is enough.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...