Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Well with my soul



Lyme disease sucks.  


I haven't been able to feel my hands or feet for weeks.  I fall sprawling on the ground if I try to go up a step without holding on.  My speech is slightly slurred.  Sitting up long enough to eat a meal wears me out.  My head and neck hurt.


The cavalry is still in action so we've had dinners every night and our kids have been cared for.  


Oral antibiotics didn't touch it so we switched to the big guns--daily antibiotics administered via IV at the hospital outpatient center.  I've endured 4 days so far without improvement, so they're having me get a brain MRI as well to rule out additional problems.    


Disease may take away strength from me.  It may take away ability, activities, or life as I know it.  But it cannot take Jesus away from me.  Whether I'm cured next week, next year, or ever, my body will be gloriously whole in the life to come.  There is no tear or ailment that Jesus has not ordained for His glory and my ultimate joy.


O Lyme disease, where is your sting?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...