Sunday, February 14, 2016

Rehab



On Thursday I brought all my kids on a field trip with our homeschool group.  


We went to a wildlife center, where injured wild animals are rehabilitated and cared for.  The children learned to care for our environment for the sake of these wonderful creatures, some of which as majestic and special as this bald eagle:




And that's about as much as I learned, because Caleb spent the whole time trying to throw rocks at the animals.


Sigh.


We're in the midst of another bout of bad sleep with him.  He yells and cries at all hours, and I feel braindead these days.  Last night he was up making noise past 11:00, and by 5:00 this morning he was crying out again.  I blearily went in, retucked his blanket, gave him a hug, and then went back to bed to watch my clock until the alarm went off.  When I had gotten myself ready and went to get the kids ready for church, I found this angelic scene and about wanted to kill him:


Note the broad daylight.


I wish I knew what to do to get the boy to sleep at night, not only for my own sake, but so he can revert to his happy, charming, self-controlled self--instead of being the one kid who throws rocks at suffering wildlife.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...