Wednesday, November 16, 2016

My life with the dinosaurs



Two things that made me feel old:


1.  The kids found a packet of our wedding photos which they were looking through.  Reading the outside of the packet, Jeddy asked, "What's 'one-hour photo?'"  I explained that they had to be developed from film, and some places could do it in an hour.  Still perplexed, he then asked, "How are some of them in color?"


Indeed, I did live in the age of color film photography.


2.  The kids found a computer keyboard in Jason's stash of old electronics.  They enjoyed "pressing the buttons."  Eventually Ada asked what the keyboard was for.  I attempted to explain as best I could (not fully understanding it myself) why Daddy needs a stockpile of every conceivable electronic.


She said, "No, what's it for?  What do you do with it?"


I said, "It's a computer keyboard."


Blank stare.


"You know, for a desktop computer."


Blank.


"Before laptops and iPads."


"Ohhhh, like Nana's computer."


Whew.  At least I'm not the only dinosaur.





1 comment:

  1. Haha...Aunty Sam knows what a keyboard is, too! And a floppy drive...try that one on them. 😉

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...