Sunday, January 29, 2017

Swirly whirly



I can feel myself in a spiral.


Not a spiral like this.


Whee! Spiral!


More like this.


{both via Unsplash}


Descending...descending...


February starts this week:  that bleakest of months, with the possible exception of dreary March.  I'm getting an early jump on seasonal gloom.


The spiral looks like this:  


1.  Notice, and recoil from, cold.  

2.  Choose habitable temperatures over fresh air and exercise.

3.  Lack endorphins and serotonin.

4.  Eat baked goods and cling to fuzzy blanket.

5.  Repeat daily, steadily increasing intensity of #1 and 3.


My clever New Year's resolutions are by now locked in battle with even cleverer excuses.  


Clever, like, "I don't like being cold," and "I think I should take a nap."


Deepest down, though, I really think I'm entitled to feel good without having to put forth so much effort.  The world really should revolve around me, and it should work the way I want it to:  easy and effortless.  


And not cold.


Also, my laws of nature would dictate that cake makes your body awesome like Superman.


Hey, universe?  I have some clever New Year's resolutions for you.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...