Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Meandering toward fall



Through a technical glitch, the following was temporarily unavailable to me, but now I see we do have a more decent first-day-of-school picture.




As the weather turns, 3 out of 4 kids and Jason are sick.  I'm waiting for it to take me down too.






I'm getting to taste so many sweet fruits of motherhood these days; not the least of which is that the kids are in charge of fixing breakfast on school mornings, which means that when I step out of the shower I can smell eggs cooking.  When I come down I have a plate of food waiting for me.  


And sometimes, a stick of butter carved like a semi truck.




Other stunning fruits that I once thought I'd never taste include being able to leave the house with Jason within walking distance; taking a nap when I want to; and rarely having to do dishes.


How seasons change.  Deep green trees slip into patches of yellow and red; mornings are a little brisker; squishy snuggles get shorter and less frequent; and my gaze moves more and more horizontal to look in my kids' eyes.








1 comment:

  1. Loving your photos, Mindy. Hope everyone is well now. It was great fun seeing you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...