Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Summer birthday, summer Bible school









My elation in summer is tempered only by the sense of it inexorably slipping away.  June into July, July into August, August into fall...


Dinner out with Jason, belatedly celebrating the end of the school year.


The birthday boy specifically requested waffles for his breakfast, so I had to carve a "7" instead of the usual pancake numbers




He had a very specific cake request as well:  chocolate cake, chocolate frosting, chocolate chips on the sides, and marshmallows on top.








Consider it done.


VBS was a big hit this year--easily the most fun I've ever had at it.  I wish I could say exactly why, so I could bottle it up and repeat it every year.






The kids didn't have a bad time either.




I know some factors were loving the people I worked with, often having riotous good times at our meetings; feeling more comfortable in my role, having done it a few times now; loving the curriculum; and feeling like we as an admin team finally have some good systems down for pulling it off.




Plus, no personal crises hit me during the week, and no stomach flu epidemic spread through the hundreds of children, as in the notorious "Pandamania" year.


"Rejoice, pray, give thanks" signs.


For that, I rejoice and give thanks! and pray that God continues to use our VBS every year to open little hearts to trust in Him.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...