Friday, July 12, 2019

Backpacking



Autumn's long-cherished wish that I would go backpacking with her finally came true.




It was also my gift to Jeddy for his 14th birthday. 


Buddies since their 2nd birthdays.


Buddies since before birth.




Yes, out of love for my friend and my son, and in celebration of his life, I set aside my dislike of uncomfortable sleeping arrangements, close encounters with bears and rattlesnakes, pathogen-carrying ticks, and poison ivy on personal parts of my body.




Admittedly, I do like campfires, and trees, and the sound of birds all around me, and sticks.






And eating something cooked over the fire while sitting in the dirt.






And seeing my kids with their besties.






And hiking and sweating and mountaintop views.


Jeddy's headlamp.  (Not an angelic vision.)






💜












So, all things considered, since I haven't yet come down with Lyme disease (again) or West Nile or rattlesnake poison or even poison ivy from peeing behind trees...




...and we got to be with beloved friends...




...nor did we get struck by lightning...




...I have to admit the trip was a success.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...