Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Freedom



Schooooool’s out for summer!













We’re in a lovely sweet spot this week where we’ve finished school and soccer but haven’t yet started swim team or any of the rest.  In fact the rest of the world is still in school, which makes it even sweeter (for me.  The kids of course are lamenting that their friends can’t play during the day).











The pool opened this weekend and I actually went in—not wearing a wetsuit.  The key is to not even stick a toe in, but just jump off the diving board, so the moment you realize you’ve made a terrible mistake is the moment you can’t do anything about it.  It was the kind of cold that makes your head hurt, but it was actually so hot outside that I had to keep subjecting myself to it every twenty minutes to average out my temperature to comfortable.











I’m already in full vacation mode, eating ice cream and margaritas, sleeping in and reading novels.  It’s not a forever sustainable lifestyle, but I think it’s one I’ll embrace until I feel recovered.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...