Thursday, January 4, 2024

#tht



I didn’t expect to feel such a sense of accomplishment, for myself, when Ada passed her behind-the-wheel driving test at the DMV yesterday. But I did! And I do! It’s not the easiest thing to figure out how to navigate all the felony-if-you-get-it-wrong paperwork and regulations that are involved in choosing the least common way to get a driver’s license (ie, be a homeschooler).



Her first ride


I had forgotten the details of the drama that was Jeddy’s DMV testing; thankfully the most distressing things that happened were that I left the registration in the car instead of bringing it in (I ran both ways to retrieve it, fearing they would give away our appointment slot), and the lady at the window asked for yet another form, besides the several completed ones with repetitive information I had already handed over (She eventually determined I didn’t need it, or it didn’t exist, or something. When even the DMV employees don’t know how to complete the paperwork properly, I think I deserve a gold star for navigating the system.).



She was such a happy baby









Somehow it doesn’t feel easier to let her go out on the road alone, despite having done this before.


She can’t stay safely in the backseat forever


Saddest ride ever. The day after her first birthday, hospitalized again with breathing trouble.



It was a happy day yesterday though. I’m very proud of her, and pretty proud of me too.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...