Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Busybusybusybusy



Though the large responsibility of schooling has been lifted off my plate for the holidays, surprisingly enough, children still require all-day supervision and provision.  And they tend to prevent any sort of linear thought from taking place.


Thus, Christmas shopping and house decision-making and communicating with subcontractors and completing two different projects I need to do for the new year are starting to exert bewildering pressure on me.  Can I just press pause on the kids while I do what I need to do?  Even if I could, my brain is sort of limping along with so many demands on its attention.


I'm encouraged by this article at Desiring God.  To quote:


For most of us, Advent is not a season of peace. It’s an extraordinarily busy, often stressful season. That is not necessarily a bad thing.
The first Advent was certainly anything but peaceful. It began with a contemplation of divorce, was accompanied by numerous confusing, unplanned detours, and was consummated in a stable of desperation. The Prince of peace brought a lot of turmoil with him when he came. And I think this implies that, in God’s judgment, what we may need at Christmas is not less turmoil, but more trust.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...