Friday, December 12, 2014

On break



We've been out of school for a week.


It's been wonderful.


I can take my sweet time getting going in the morning.  I can visit with friends.  I can take the kids places to play.  I can shop for, wrap and send Christmas cheer.  And I can help direct the building of the house.




Not surprisingly, it's been more busy since we stopped school than when we were doing school.  'Tis the season for lots to do, and the house project seems to be ramping up with lots of questions to research and decide.




But it's a big relief to have a break from the daily responsibility of schooling.




The electrician started today; the garage and stoop are cemented; the stairs are in.




Most of our Christmas shopping is done.  We have a tree that hasn't made it in from the driveway yet; but I did put up decorations.




I'm feeling thankful for all the good in my life.  Loving family.  Great house(s).  Homeschooling, and school breaks.  Pretty lights.  My beloved to share it all with.  And the Source of all blessing, the beginning and end of it all, the One from whom all the good comes and to whom it all points:  I'm thankful this week to know Jesus and rejoice in His coming.


Hallelujah, the King is here
Given for all men
For today the holy Son of God
Is born in Bethlehem
Third Day, "Born In Bethlehem"





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...