Sunday, July 9, 2017

Warring with sin



I quoted this John Piper sermon in a recent post, but it's so good it deserves another mention.  File this under "a good word for the Christian discouraged by his/her sin."




One of the ways that the Spirit testifies--gives you evidence--that you are a child of God is that He leads you into war against your sin...  








So, you wanna know if you're a child of God this morning?...  




Ask, have I made peace with sin in my life?


Am I at home with it?


And am I content with it?


And do I get along with it just fine?  






Or, have I been led by the Spirit to make war on it so that day by day I am putting to death the deeds of the body?  












That's how you can know if you're a child of God:  how do you feel about the sin in your life?


Do you hate it and make war on it?  Or do you like it and make peace with it?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...