Friday, July 24, 2015

More lymey details



The instant I woke up Wednesday morning after having posted my litany of symptoms, I remembered one that I neglected to mention:  night sweats.


Lovely.






To be fair, it could just be that I'm overheated at night... and somehow Jason is not, despite 11 years of marriage in which he is always hot and I'm always cold.  And the fact that when I wake up in the morning or in the night, I'm shivering.


And lying in a wet bed.


It's really attractive and enjoyable.






On the plus side, the nightly copious sweating is probably the only reason I haven't gained 20 extra pounds since I recovered the will and ability to eat.  (I have regained all the weight that was lost.)




Another odd but not terribly bothersome symptom is that my muscles sometimes clench up, like when I stretch them.  It's like they're reasserting their raison d'être after being useless for so long.






Periodically, too, I get a nifty little electric-pulse sensation that runs through my body.  I can only guess that's the feeling of nerve regeneration.


I came across this, the biggest caterpillar I have ever seen.  It was cartoonish, straight out of Eric Carle.


He ate through one piece of chocolate cake, one ice-cream cone, one pickle, one slice of Swiss cheese, one slice of salami, one lollipop, one piece of cherry pie, one sausage, one cupcake, and one slice of watermelon.  That night he had a stomachache!


Sadly, despite my initial feeling of triumph, I threw in the towel for now on jogging.  Once I started doing it, I was exhausted all the time--even though it seems so wimpy to be worn out from one slow 3-minute jog.  Since I've gone back to strictly walking, I have enough energy to get through the whole day, though I'm tempted to nap every day at 2:00.






May God give me a heart like Paul's:


"There was given me a thorn in the flesh... to keep me from exalting myself!... And He has said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.'  Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.  Therefore I am well content with weaknesses...with distresses...with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong."

2 Corinthians 12:7, 9-10








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...