Saturday, July 18, 2015

Strength eludes me



We're loving our new house--the views, the proximity to the pool, everything.  And Jason is enjoying a much smaller yard to mow.


Unfortunately his mowing disturbed a nest of baby bunnies, which scattered in all directions.




They were so CUTE!




Caleb is fulfilling his last hurrah as a terrible two.




One night this week, he stuffed a whole roll of Clorox wipes down the toilet, rubbed toothpaste all over his body, bed, blanket, pillow, wall, and toys, and was in process of rubbing down the toilet plunger with toothpaste, in his bed, when I entered.  


He told me, "I'm doing my chores."


The very next morning we learned that our other dear young child had stuffed a whole roll of toilet paper in the other toilet, which proved irreparable with mere household tools.  


At which point I questioned my choice of vocation.


I'm exhausted and I wish I wasn't.  I don't know if I pushed too hard this week in my efforts to recover, or if I'm fighting off some other bug.  Weakness is always frustrating when I just want to get things done already.  


And when my kids are conspiring to stay three steps ahead of me.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...