Sunday, November 5, 2017

Is it November now?



Usually I think of fall as a melancholy time of year, and November in particular as dull and mournful.  Brown leaves falling off their branches, color fading away, blustery wind making the world cold, last vestiges of summer buried under dust and frost.


Maybe it's that my mental health is better treated now, or global warming renders fall weather less biting.... but I think it's more that I just don't have time to notice.


One of the top five best things about having older kids: they fix me breakfast on weekdays.  It's better than "being done with diapers" and not far down from [and related to] "beginning of hope that you didn't completely screw them up."


Jason has these complex theories about time speeding up as we age that have something to do with the universe expanding and the physical nature of time.  I think he was reading Stephen Hawking while I was learning all my physics from Back to the Future.


Others of us have more mundane theories about why time seems to go by so fast. 


[Also, see above re: kids out of diapers and making me breakfast.  Time definitely didn't used to go by fast.]


All I know is that my day job is mentally taxing, my evenings are spent largely in the kitchen, and my favorite place to unwind is cocooned in my room.  The biggest change the weather makes to my routine is that I put on fuzzy socks while I cocoon.


Elsa/unicorn/sparkle princess




This week I need to do school, get a mammogram, buy a new freezer, fix family meals about a dozen times, and vote.


What happens when your friend with a fall birthday has been working on the local Democratic campaign.


I suppose I could reprioritize my time to spend more time mourning the falling brown leaves.  But I'm glad I have other things to fill my life. 


Don't you want to trick-or-treat at our house?? We're so eager to have you!


This is the crew you'll find inside!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...