Saturday, November 25, 2017

Thankful







The early settlers were thankful for a safe arrival, sufficient food, and friendly natives.














Baby never did smile, but at least Daddy had fun.


George Washington was thankful for winning the Revolutionary War, for peace and plenty thenceforth, for the adoption of the U.S. Constitution, and for religious freedom.








Abraham Lincoln was thankful for protection from foreign aggression and for bountiful harvests.










I'm thankful for a loving family gathered together.




For baby smiles.






For health and strength in my limbs to walk and run and smile and talk...which I couldn't well do two and a half years ago.




I'm thankful that I get to live in the most beautiful place on earth.






This happy farmer is thankful too!


I'm thankful for bountiful food.






For peace and safety.






For my blessed marriage.








That I get to stay home with my kids and homeschool them.






For my fun camera.






For my fabulous house, built to meet all our needs, and right next to a splendid park.






I'm thankful for a healthy church, where we are fed on God's word, shepherded with love, and free to worship our God.








I'm thankful for my Father, who doesn't give me everything I want all the time, but, like my earthly parents did, loves me strongly enough to say no in pursuit of my greater good--all the while never diminishing His tender presence and sympathetic ear.






I'm thankful, of course, that God sent His one and only Son into the world, to die for sinners like me, thereby providing a way to even know Him at all.




Beautiful sunset.


Beautiful ladies!


To these bounties, which are so constantly enjoyed that we are prone to forget the source from which they come, others have been added, which are of so extraordinary a nature, that they cannot fail to penetrate and soften even the heart which is habitually insensible to the ever watchful providence of Almighty God...

No human counsel hath devised nor hath any mortal hand worked out these great things.  They are the gracious gifts of the Most High God.


-Abraham Lincoln, 1863 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...