Tuesday, November 14, 2023

#Onedayhh 2023

 




Onedayhh is a thing.



I’ve done it before, and once before that.



And this year, in documenting one day, hour by hour, I realize three things.



1. I’m not particularly good at remembering to take pictures.


2. My life is really boring.


3. My life is embarrassingly leisurely. People might find out if I post too much minutiae.




Starting my Wednesday with a run.




Early morning long shadow.




Buck’s favorite time of day: the beginning of school, when he gets let out and fed.




Caleb working on his Zoroastrianism report.




Caleb gleefully erasing an assignment as he works his way through his science list.  The table is covered with, roughly from left to right: 

a full stack of good paper that Caleb insists on leaving on the table to add to the giant city map he’s currently creating, despite the fact that then the entire stack of good paper is ruined when science gets spilled on it; 

tape, to tape together ten million pieces of paper to create a giant city map; 

the current city map; 

an open science book; 

scrap paper covered with sentence diagrams; 

Caleb’s open science binder; 

a humongous collection of paper dolls in various stages of cutout; 

a lovely coconut-smelling candle they gave me at the orthodontist when Ada finished her treatment; 

an encyclopedia, volume “G”; 

a really fancy teacup I like drinking coffee out of;

rumpled tissues of unknown but suspicious origin; 

a newspaper; 

Caleb’s anatomically correct painting of a fern with green glitter spores; 

and a little pile of dried carrot bunny treats.




Buck looks on, supervising the school day.




Caleb reading his literature book of ancient tales.




Starting my time with Lizzy by working on spelling.






Realizing a bit late that our pond, from which we need to analyze a sample for science, has run dry. I put Caleb on the job of refilling it, but apparently our hose has sprung a bunch of leaks—which makes it an excellent sprinkler, but required Caleb to toss the middle of the hose in the pond also to catch all the water.




Everyone else went in to go back to work so I labored here keeping an eye on the pond refilling.




School done, I commence several hours of leisure.














The kids end their day on a calm and loving note.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...