Monday, October 19, 2015

Day 19: Thorns



This post is part of a 31-day series.



Tell me, what's going on inside of me?
I despise my own behavior
This only serves to confirm my suspicions
That I'm still a man in need of a Savior

-DC Talk, "In the Light"


Though conveniently supplying me with plenty of material for my 31 Days Challenge, the truth is I hate my emotional weakness, my constant anxieties about everything.  I envy those who display relaxed competence.


But like Paul’s thorn in the side, my weakness pushes me to Christ, makes me call out for help, and reminds me I need a Savior.




God allowing you to struggle with lifelong anxiety is His great goodness to you, that you not be deluded into thinking you need no outside help.  Our disabilities are our avenue of knowing God.


Furthermore, our weakness glorifies God because He doesn’t need our help to build His kingdom.  We may suspect God is strong, but we don't really know until we faint and see how easily He carries us.


My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.

-2 Corinthians 12:9


Next:  Mellow Out



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...