Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Day 20: Mellow Out



This post is part of a 31-day series.



I dare say the greatest earthly blessing that God can give to any of us is health, with the exception of sickness ... If some men, that I know of could only be favoured with a month of rheumatism, it would, by God's grace mellow them marvelously. 



What would you be like if you had never experienced depression?  Or financial hardship, or heartbreak, or illness, or what have you?


What a jerk I might be.  I can't imagine but that I would be insensitive and unable to understand others' pain.  I would probably be haughty and judgmental.  


Even as we groan under our trouble, let us thank God for the sanctifying effects of His appointed means.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...