Saturday, October 24, 2015

Day 24: Whose Idea Was Joy?



This post is part of a 31-day series.



"The fruit of the Spirit is...joy."

Galatians 5:22


"You shall be holy, for I am holy."

1 Peter 1:16


Sometimes I’ve felt that I ought not feel joy when there’s so much sorrow in the world.  Or I don't deserve joy when I’ve done such wrong.  Jesus had to be tortured to save me, so how can I be cheerful?


But the fruit of the Spirit is joy because God is joyful.  He sings over us.  He delights in His people.


"The LORD your God is in your midst,
A victorious warrior.
He will exult over you with joy,
He will be quiet in His love,
He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy."

Zephaniah 3:17


He is fundamentally a happy God.  He's not telling me to be joyful so I can cheer Him up; He’s not calling me to be something He’s not.  I shall be joyful because my heavenly Father is joyful.




Next:  Joy in Sorrow



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...