Thursday, October 29, 2015

Day 29: Truth



This post is part of a 31-day series.



Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy.
Though I fall I will rise;
Though I dwell in darkness, the LORD is a light for me...
He will bring me out into the light.

Micah 7:8-9


Way back on Day 4, I said that sadness isn't a sin; unbelief is a sin.


When it feels like the powers of darkness are rejoicing over me, do I still believe that one day--even if not until the last day--He will raise me into the light?  When I live in darkness, is the unseen Lord still my light?




On Day 13 I pointed out that fear is not inherently wrong.  Again, unbelief is the problem.


When I am afraid,
I will put my trust in You.

Psalm 56:3


God tells us what to do when we're afraid, and therein lies the test of faith.




But what if you struggle to believe, to trust, to see any light?  What if you weary of the fear and darkness?


I waited patiently for the LORD.

Psalm 40:1


How long did the psalmist wait?  


Well, it's not waiting if it doesn't take a long time.  Patience isn't required for a momentary pause.  


In other words, God understands that we sometimes feel oppressed by darkness, that we are afraid, and that relief seems so far away.


It's right there in His Word.  


But it's also there in His Word that He is trustworthy and He will certainly lift His people up.


We can acknowledge our feelings and our difficulty while still affirming belief in God's promises.


Next:  Saying Thank You When You're Not Thankful

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...